Theatre of the Oppressed

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Tue Jul 13 12:41:41 EDT 2010

On 13 July 2010 00:39, Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Small world! :-)

Yes - we discussed some of these ideas round xmas. NB - bought the Habermas
book - wading through....

> I'm intrigued by this.  My correspondent recommends "going straight to
> Augusto Boal's books".  So I'm headed to the library now.

"Legislative Theatre" is the one I have - anacdotes - but not a lot useful,
I've found more useful text and ideas in other artists work - what would be
great is to have a video documentation of the actual experience focusssing
on the participants....

Speaking for myself, I'm open to exploring an interface of some kind
> (at some level), though I don't know what it might be.  But we're
> definitely in an exploratory phase right now, so anything goes.
> Please do make suggestions.
>
> http://vaudevillecourt.tv/
> I love that.  Do you live at Vaudeville Court?

Yes - though it's been created by local residents with a little help and
pointing by me - it's in beta :)