Want ads

conseo conseo at polyc0l0r.net
Sat May 18 09:10:53 EDT 2013

Michael Allan wrote:
> Should we place an ad for "fund raiser", backed by this commission?
> There's no permanent committment, we could drop it any time.
>
> In "Another contest", I said:
> > Votorola doesn't currently have anyone to do the work of applying for
> > awards.  So I spoke with Christian and we decided to offer the prize
> > money as a commission.  ...
> >
> > Maybe later we could agree on a general rule to cover all funding.
> >
> > Something like this:
> >    * Deduct from the paid money of the award US $5000, or the full
> >
> >      amount (whichever is less).  This becomes the commission.
> >
> >    * The commission is paid to the person who earlier proposed the
> >
> >      application to Votorola and did the work of applying.
> >
> >    * In the event of contention, priority goes to the first proposer.
> >    * Active contributors may vote specific exceptions to these rules.
> >
> >      Any active contributor may call a vote for this purpose.
>
> Want ads are posted here: http://zelea.com/project/votorola/home.html
>
> I'd like to drop "practice leader".  We'll have to lead the practice
> trials ourselves.  One of the criteria for success is that the trials
> become self-reproducing, self-recruiting.  (Freedom is an endless,
> open experiment.)  The ad no longer seems intelligible.

True, but we could rephrase it "practice pioneers". It will still help us
tremendously if others try to implement the practices. We still have to do it
ourselves as well, so I agree that we don't need leadership, rather shared
experiences here. I don't know if an ad makes sense, yet it catches probably
best what we need alpha users for.

conseo