Difference lighting and cross-linking on the bridge

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Oct 13 18:37:14 EDT 2012

Conseo and Thomas,

Thanks guys for the feedback.

C, I increased the saturation on the blue in the vote track and diff
scene: http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/D?a=5949&b=5340&s   (hit refresh)

Should be easier now to distinguish from grey.  Let me know if it's
not enough.

Thomas von der Elbe said:
> ... What I find a bit confusing, that if I change the anchor in the
> bridge back and forth, it still remembers the selected voters for
> each anchor.  I think, once you changed the anchor, you also don't
> care about the previosly selected voter anymore. So maybe it is
> better to reset the selected back to the anchor?

I didn't follow.  Can you post a step by step?

> Good: once you hover in the track over one of the two diff-authors,
> the highlighting comes back and goes away after you hovered
> over. But e.g.  here (http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/D?s&a=5109&b=4857)
> it does not seem to work and the colour is also seen when I hover
> over the other voters.

Thanks, I forgot about those guys.  They're now fixed.

I added a slight delay to lighting changes in the diff scene too, to
make them smoother.  Not sure yet it's an improvement.

> Also here, if consensus89 is selected, why do his voters not light
> up in colours when hovered over?

http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/D?s&a=5109&b=4857

They don't have drafts, so no diffs or diff lighting.  This is
consistent with behaviour in the draft:
http://zelea.com/w/User:Consensus89-YmailCom/Sys/p/sandbox

Mike