Kick notification source (B) manual detector

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Jun 16 16:38:07 EDT 2012

Here's how manual detection might work:

  0. User posts message to forum.

     Message does not appear in talk track:
     http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/_/mock/home-4.xht

  1. User presses harvest button on talk track.

  2. Service looks up forums defined by user and candidate.

  3. Service kicks harvesters of those forums.

     Service relays feedback from harvesters to user, "No new messages
     in forum F.  1 message harvested from forum G."

     Harvested message appears in talk track.

I figure we always need a manual override as a backstop, in any case.
So it should be safe to code this one first.  We could then defer the
development of automated detectors (like A) till users get tired of
pressing the harvest button.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528