[MG] Hosting tools - was Global advisory parliament

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri May 27 05:56:19 EDT 2011

Alexander Praetorius wrote:
> That's why I think it needs a scalable system, where a small
> community could host its own service for themselves ..or one could
> host it as a service for other people who are willing to create
> accounts.

The design allows any group/community to host its own pollwiki and
cluster of attendant servers, but we're looking here at cities, states
and large organizations.  It's not clear why any small group of folks
would need their own hardware.  Let them use the hosted services of
their parent group/community.

That's the design.  The current implementation isn't something anyone
wants to run except a developer.  It's only a prototype and it's in
constant flux.  (Not to mention only 5 people in the universe actually
understand what we're working on, and most of them are here in this
list.)

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528