[MG] Minimal start plan - inter-community network - race

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed May 25 07:36:02 EDT 2011

PS to this:
> > ... View F can show people struggling with a problem and
> > attempting to solve it.  The problem they are struggling with is
> > the overarching problem of lateral growth.  Since it is a social
> > problem and since it is presented in a social context, the
> > presentation itself invites the solution. ...

Or instead of a purely cooperative approach, consider something with a
competitive element.  We provide a ranking of topics/polls according
to vitality, where vitality is measured as the lateral extent of the
poll in terms of number of active communities.  View F still maps the
lateral extent of a single poll within its overall community space,
but now it also includes a heads up display of: *

  iii.  d) Historical development of vitality and vital rank.

    v.  Top 5 or so most vital polls, however many fit horizontally
        across the bottom of the screen.

So we harness competitive motivations (our boat to win) along with
cooperative ones (so lets work as a team).  We also give prominence to
the leading polls, so our most limited resource (motivation) is
tightly focused where it's most likely to succeed.

 * http://metagovernment.org/wiki/User:Michael_Allan/Seeding_an_inter-community_network

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528