[MG] Clearing entry paths for new users

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sun Mar 6 05:38:08 EST 2011

Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
> Your link didnt lead to a red symbol, but I found another one:
>
> http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Test-aa8-ZeleaCom/G/p/sandbox

That one has the same "bug".  The meta-content at the top of the draft
should be bracketed off: http://u.zelea.com/w/Category:Draft

Please confirm: the first URL gives *no* red link?  It should give 1:
http://browsershots.org/screenshots/a1f408416765a3b2b662d698cf3d0214

> PS: Mike, if I click on the bridge footing in my position here, it
> leads my to the linked page instead of the diff-bridge:
>
> http://metagovernment.org/w/index.php?oldid=2742&vodd=4047.2720-4048.

Fixed.  A couple others were fixed too, including one that broke
patching: http://zelea.com/var/db/repo/votorola/rev/b895b7774ff1

> PPS: oh, you couldnt see it, its the same url whereever you come from. I
> came from our (your and my) diff.

I may misunderstand, but it shouldn't matter who looks at a diff (or
diff footprint).  Everyone should see exactly the same thing.

End candidates currently see no footprints:
http://metagovernment.org/wiki/User:Conseo/draft
http://metagovernment.org/wiki/Main_Page/2010-redesign-8

I have an idea: Suppose a candidate could see the footprints of his
immediate voters, except they're flashed in rapid succession like the
frames in a film projector.  For candidate M, the frames would be:

   J, K, L, J, K, L, J, K, L...

                      (J)  (K)  (L)
                        \ 1 | 1 /
                         \  |  / 1       (A)   (B)
                (P)  (O)  \ | /           | 1  /
       (R)        \ 1 |    \|/            |   / 1
         \ 1       \  | 1  (M)            |  /
          \         \ |     |             | /  (E)  (F)
           \         \|     | 4           |/    | 1 /
        1   \        (Q)    |    (I)     (C)    |  / 1
    (S)-----(T)        \ 3  |    /        |     | /
              \ 3       \   |   / 1       | 3   |/
               \         \  |  /          |    (H)-----(G)
                \         \ | /     (D)   |    /     1
     1       2   \         \|/        \ 1 |   /
 (U)-----(V)-----(W)       (N)         \  |  / 4
                   \ 6     /            \ | /
                    \     / 9            \|/
                     \   /               (Y)
                      \ /
                      (X)                 8

Call that a "voter flick".  Suppose M could also see a "co-voter
flick":

   Q, I, Q, I, Q, I...

And we (his voters) could see a "candidate flick":

   M, N, X, M, N, X, M, N, X...

You may stop your flick at any point and "turn" it onto a new axis:
from one of your candidates, for example, across to *his* co-voters;
or from one of the co-voters up to *his* voters; and so on.  So you
may traverse the entire tree through the "lense" of your draft.  Or,
more accurately, the entire tree would pass, film-like, through the
lense of the draft.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528