[MG] Ease of entry

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 09:04:47 EDT 2011

Mike, you are right, it is all not important! And we can all leave it
for later. I (as a non-tech) had the idea, that it would take much less
time to implement, than we already spend talking about it. If I was
wrong, than lets leave it!

If not here are my answers:
>> But you want to keep the footings in the drafting medium anyway,
>> dont you? I do. And if yes, I'd like it as conviniant as
>> possible. Default would be the tool-menue open (nobody needs the
>> left wiki-menue anyway) so almost no added complexity. Its not a
>> top-priority, but I imagined it to be relly easy to do.
> I don't mean to dismiss your proposal, especially not lightly.  To
> explain why I think it's not easy and to debate the alternatives will
> take energy.  I need to understand the problem behind the proposal
> that motivates it, so I can gauge its importance.  Although we
> urgently need 2-3 alpha users, and for that reason I'm mostly
> interested in problems related to participation, it's not an
> *exclusive* interest.  We can discuss other problems, too.  But in
> this case, what is the particular problem?

The problem was described several times by you too. The problem is the
little space available for the nav-thing. With more space, the names
could be longer, co-voters could be displayed too, maybe a draft-button
could be beside each name ...

>> ... after I browsed through all the different footprints (through
>> hovering) and then wanted to get rid of them again and look at the
>> original text ... the text of 4c. Its very intuitive to click on 4c
>> if I want to see 4c.
> Is there is a problem here, too?  Are you saying it's difficult to get
> rid of a footprint, once displayed?
> http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Test-bg-ZeleaCom/G/p/sandbox
> If you click on T4, it shows a footprint.  To remove the footprint,
> either:
>
>    * Click again on T4.
>    * Press the back button.
>    * Press the backspace key.

I am aware of these 3 and wanted to add a forth as a small improvement,
to make it even more easier. Nothing big or important.

And I felt it would be good to be able to hover over "My" and see my
footings in the text, e.g. in the case, that I am in a different tree
atm. Again, nothing big, I just thought it would be a small improvement
with very little cost. And those sorts of little things also make it a
little bit easier for alpha-testers. But if you disagree about the
usefulness, lets move on and leave all this for later.