streetwikibot and streetwikis setup standart

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Jan 28 10:53:01 EST 2010

Philippe Schelte wrote:
> ... I thought that the restore process would be too difficult to
> manage if it has to be done manually, so I found logical and obvious
> to do a one file backup.

Yes, and it's also simpler.  If we ever needed the complexity of
separate files, though, we could maybe use a bot to do the restore.
Aside from built-in timestamping, separate files would give us
throttle control over the bot (to avoid overloading the wiki), and
scripted control of the restore/backup process (which might actually
be a port, or fork, or something).

But we don't need all that yet, and it would complicate things.  So I
think your solution is the better one.

> With MediaWiki::API there is no way to just check the timestamp of a
> page...

We could bypass MediaWiki::API, and talk directly to the wiki:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Query_-_Properties#revisions_.2F_rv

> ... there is things to explore this way, but as you said, lets keep
> this aside for later.

OK.

> I have already implemented the Getopt::Std with this kind of arguments I
> think that is sufficient isn't it ?
> by this way we can cumulate several namespace in the same backup.
>
> ./streetwikibot.pl -u okidoke.referata.com -n 10,102 -p 500 -t 20 -l 0

Looks good!  If you don't have other plans for it, you're welcome to
commit it to Votorola:
http://t.zelea.com/wiki/Toronto:Revision_control_system

--
Mike Allan